Every Flokk product is designed and manufactured according to a concept we created in the 1990s that is still valid today.
We call it 5III, and it’s about 5 circular design principles that come together to create one sustainable lifecycle.
- Low weight: building better products with fewer resources
- Fewer components: makes smarter functions and manufacture easier
- Right choice of materials: we choose recycled and recyclable sources, avoiding hazardous materials, always
- Long lifespan: we build our furniture to last
- Designed for disassembly: our products can be repaired, reused and recycled, really easily
- Climate: reducing our carbon footprint and energy consumption
- Resources: taking less from our planet and minimise our waste
- Health: keeping people and the planet safer
In 2020, we used 735 tonnes of recycled plastics, with ambitions to increase this every year. We also get over 90% of our energy from renewable sources but our goal is to reach 100% over the next few years, and we are proud to say our chairs have one of the lowest carbon footprints in the industry.